Here are some photos we took at the birthday event for Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, as part of a global campaign. It was mainly organized by the organization People in Need and we contributed cartoons by Harn Lay and some words by our director.
One of the main reasons why we still held this event although the Lady is already released from house arrest are the over 2000 political prisoners in Burma. They are the proof that there is a lot wrong about the present Burmese “democracy”.
Check out our photos:
Please activate the buttons for sharing. This additional step is for your privacy.
- Su Ťij do parlamentu? Ano! – Su Ťij do vlády? Ne!
- Burmese pay their last respects to Václav Havel
- Verärgert im Visaladen
- Außenpolitik ohne Rückgrat
- 5th Anniversary of Burma Center Prague
Co-founder of Burma Center Prague, presently project manager at the "India Project" and author of countless unnoticed scribblings.
- Aung San Suu Kyi
- czech republic
- exilová média
- pro-democracy movement
- předání peněz
- responsible travel
- sham elections
- tint swe
- usti nad labem
- Václav Havel
- UN Urges Action to End Child Soldiers in Burma May 22, 2013 The Irrawaddy
- Checkmate: Burma-US policy May 20, 2013 Brianna Oliver / DVB
- Myanmar has region's lowest internet penetration rate May 19, 2013 Eleven Myanmar
- Burma Releases Political Prisoners Ahead of US State Visit May 17, 2013 The Irrawaddy